Maybe you vowed to eat better or maybe you are ready to address thin or thinning hair. Surprisingly, these may be connected. You shouldn’t have to spend another year worrying about your hair. And if you are also looking to start a better diet, you’re in luck. Thicker, healthier hair and a good diet go hand-in-hand.
Although diet alone does not determine hair health, it can be one of the influencers. Poor diet increases the chance of nutrient deficiencies, which may result in hair lacking luster and quality. Incorporating certain food types into your diet can optimize the hair considerably. A well-rounded diet based in unprocessed foods and fresh crunchy green vegetables is key to hair health. If you want to change your diet, but aren’t sure where to start try adding some of these foods to your diet.
10 foods that will improve the condition of your hair
1. Spinach: Vitamins B, C and E as well as potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium and Omega 3 are all essential for healthy hair and spinach contains all of them.
2. Lentils: You can get zinc, protein, and biotin from lentils, which fortify the hair shaft and promote growth.
3. Walnuts: Biotin and vitamin E can be found in walnuts, which may help strengthen hair, improve growth, and reduce hair loss.
4. Salmon: Eating this may keep your hair full and shiny due to omega-3 fatty acids found in salmon (from the ocean, not farm raised).
5. Greek yogurt: Packed with protein, Greek yogurt has ingredients that increase blood flow to the scalp and promotes hair growth.
6. Pure spring water: Spring water helps hair growth thanks to its ability to hydrate the body, helping to regulate the circulatory system that nourishes the hair follicle, and therefore stimulating hair growth.
7. Lean, grass-fed meats: Protein is key to hair growth, and meats are a great source of protein.
8. Cinnamon: Good circulation allows oxygen to get to hair follicles and bring them nutrients. Adding cinnamon to toast, homemade muesli or oatmeal can increase your blood circulation.
9. Oysters: Without enough zinc in your diet you are more at risk to experience hair loss (even in your eyelashes) and oysters are rich in zinc. You can also find this mineral in lobster, crab, or beef.
10. Fresh potatoes: To fight dry, dull hair consider fresh potatoes; they have an antioxidant that your body can turn into vitamin A.